Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Google Android Emoji - Adorable!!

Google Android Emoji 


Google Emoji - Aren't these cute!!  I have an iPhone and mac, so didn't have access to these until I got my son an Android.  I am so used to Apple's emoticons, so I was pleasantly surprised.  Aren't these totally adorable?

A more complete list of the yellow android smileys in jpg. or png. format can be found here:



These are my favorite yellow smiley equivalents, there are a bunch more in the Android platform.  Sometimes you cannot send emoji cross-platform (e.g. iphone sending from emoji keyboard to android).  My understanding is that the images sometimes don't come through because they are based on code and Apple and Google devices use different codes. 

The images here however, are saved in png. or jpeg. format, so it would be like sending a photo and hence, if you were to save these and send them from your phone, they should make it across platforms as a photo would.

That being said, since these are typeface images derived from the Google Andriod emoji font keyboard and I do not possess the copyright on these, so you should be careful not to violate  intellectual property or other laws if you choose to use them.

I just wanted to  include these in my blog because I like them so much and wanted to share in case those of you without a Droid were curious, like I was, what they looked like.  For those of you whom already have a Droid, sorry for the gushing, (perhaps boring?) post.  Perhaps I'll post Apple emoji next so it will be fair :).

I also post these types of creations in emoji size on my website.  If you want them for nail decals, temporary tattoos, scrap booking, stickers, T-shirt transfers, cards, DIY keychain design, iron-on paper, edible icing cake designs, mug or glass designs, web pages, advertisements, and can't find them in the size you want, please let me know.  

In case you were curious what the copyright was on these, below is a link to the Apache 2.0 license, the preferred license for all parts of the Android Open Source Project.  My understanding is that Apache 2.0 is a commercial and open-source-friendly software license that covers a majority of the Android platform.  However, please conduct your own research and when in doubt, please ask your attorney friends before using them, especially if it is for commercial purposes.  Below is a link to the Apache 2.0 license.












Android TM is a registered trademark of Google, Inc.  Apache 2 license can be found here:

No comments:

Post a Comment